Do you have a roofing problem?
Q: My roof is leaking. Does this mean I need a new one?
A: Not necessarily. You may only need repair work. The best way to determine the problem is to call in a professional roofing company for an evaluation.
They'll advise you on the most viable and cost-effective course of action.
Q: How do I spot potential trouble on my roof?
A: Signs of problems are most likely in roofs that are fifteen years or older.
Q: What should I do if I see these signs?
- loose or missing shingles
- damaged flashing - pieces of metal or roll roofing wrapped around vent pipes, chimneys and adjoining walls to prevent water seepage and leakage
- buckling and curling - shingles that are bent up in the middle or turned up at the corners
- blistering and rotting - bubbles, caused by moisture in the shingle, appear on the surface of asphalt roofing
These problems can usually be fixed without replacing the roof. The key is to find them early and have a qualified roofer deal with them immediately.
Maclean Roofing and Renovations will provide a free consultation followed up by a free estimate that will be explained by our courteous staff. To get your estimate today please call (902) 370-3550.
Q: What questions should I ask before hiring a roofing contractor?
You want to establish the contractor's professionalism and high standards of quality.
- Does your contractor carry workman's compensation, liability protection and insurance against damage to you or your neighbour's property?
- How long has your contractor been in business?
- Does the company have a solid reputation for excellence?
- Will your contractor guarantee job satisfaction? Ask for references.
- Does your contractor use only first quality materials?
- Will your contractor give you written warranties for labour and materials
- Will your contractor stand behind the work after the project is completed?